Birthday Books


First things first, why did I decide to start a book blog? The short answer is because I was slacking off on my reading habits and the long answer is because I thought it would be fun and help me meet people who also love books. Plus, anything that makes me improve my english writing skills is welcome. 


I turned 22 this past wednesday, May 1st, and everyone knows what that means... BOOKS! I got some as gifts and I couldn't be happier. Two were presents from family and friends and one I bought for myself because I simply loved the book in question.

Without further due, let's get to the books.

First book I received was "Dracula" by Bram Stoker. It's a beautiful edition with the cover resembling leather and embossed writing. This is a Canterbury Classics/Baker & Taylor Publishing Group edition from 2012.
I have been meaning to buy this book ever since I can remember but I had a tendency to forget all about it everytime I set foot on a bookstore. I decided to read it because I saw the movie when I was little and it got me addicted (and terrified aswell) to vampires.
This book was a lovely gift from my sister.





This next book, I bought for myself, because I have been looking for it for a while and I found this edition completely beautiful. It's "The Brothers Grimm: 101 Fairy Tales". I believe that almost everyone has read or seen the Disney versions of some of these classic tales but few are the people who have actually read the originals fairytales... And I am one of those people. I grew up watching again and again all the Disney movies but I never read an actual Grimm story and that has to change.

As you can tell it's also a Canterbury Classics/Baker & Taylor Publishing Group edition from 2012, with the same leather-like cover and embossed writing as the previous book I mentioned. 

More books from Canterbury Classics can be found here.

The final book I got is "Brisingr" by Christopher Paolini. It's the third book on the Inheritance saga and my edition is from Corgi Books (Transworld Publishers) from 2010.
I decided I wanted to read this saga when I first got introduced to the video game Skyrim and I realized I haven't really read any books that had dragons in them. Weird reason I know.
I do not own the rest of the saga yet, but it is in my plans to buy them soon.


And that's it. These are the books I got for my birthday. I also got for myself a book diary which allows you to set up a reading plan for the year, and also provides reading log sheets.













2 comments

  1. wow, those book editions are gorgeous!!, you're so lucky to have them <3, i might actually buy those editions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may do a giveaway at some point of one of these books, so you might want to wait for it :)

      Delete