Feature and Follow #1 - I broke up with that series




Happy Friday, everyone!

Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers. But you have to know, the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me. The general the rules are:

•  Follow the Feature and Follow Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
•  Follow the Featured Bloggers
•  Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
•  Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
•  Follow Follow Follow as many as you can. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"

•  If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers. Thanks!!


Here’s this week's question: Have you broken up with a series? If so which one and why.



I do have a tendency to read series more than solo books, because I kinda like the ideia of getting attached to a character and follow them for a long period of time. This being said, I do have a series that I can't really say that I loved, and that's the 50 Shades Trilogy... I seriously did not enjoy the books, and I have the third one standing on my bookshelf - it was a gift - and I think I will not read it. Or at least not anytime soon.


So, that’s it. How about you? Which series have you broken up with? And why?


With GFC going away please follow via BlogLovin, RSS, or Email.

Thank you to everyone who stopped by. And don't forget to leave your link in the comments section below so I can follow back!




13 comments

  1. I totally get why you never finished them. I hated them too but I have to admit, I loved them as well. I read all three because my friends told me that there'd be a happy ending and I can't resist happy endings. I'm following via Bloglovin'! My FF can be found at my blog Music Plus Books.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend,
    Laura @ Music Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's so sad when a series end and you have leave behind the world and the characters.

    - New follower via GFC! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have not read them fortunately:) Old follower.

    My FF:
    http://www.evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading the Undead series but when the author took the books in a far out direction that just didn't "feel" like the normal style she had I got off it. Too bad too because i was enjoying them, LOL. I was also reading the Anita Blake novels but when the books started to have more sex scenes than plot line, I put it down. I enjoy the occasional sex scenes in books, some even really hot scenes but if I wanted erotica I would read Erotica, right?

    Is GFC really going away? you think Bloglovin' is the best way to go then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I have read GFC was going away only for non blogger sites and it was last year, and since we're in 2013 already I have no idea what is happening now with it.

      And I agree with you, if you wanted Erotica you would pick up a book that was from that genre.

      Delete
  5. Haven't read the series!

    New follower via GFC.

    My FF--> http://bookladysreviews.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually done my best to avoid that series! It's not something I plan on reading ever.

    New follower on Bloglovin!

    Check out my FF!

    Sarah @ Bubbly & Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read 50 Shades and I don't think I will.

    Here's my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Returning the follow! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone keeps telling me to read it, but I avoid it as best I can. I do not plan on reading those books. I am a new follower, I followed via gfc and network blogs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously?! You've already read Fifty Shades of Grey, but not The Hunger Games trilogy? I'm extremely disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be! I will read it eventually... :P

      Delete