Review - Hush, Hush




Title: Hush, Hush
Book #: 1
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Release Date: September 21st 2009
Pages: 391
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

My Rating:



When Nora and Patch are forced together as lab partners, Nora would rather fall to her death than put up with his elusive answers to her questions, his teasing, and his infuriatingly handsome face and hypnotizing eyes. It seems Patch was put on earth just to drive her crazy.

But before long, Nora's defenses start to break down as her curiosity about Patch heats up. Why does he always seem to be wherever she is and know exactly what she's thinking? How does he know what to say to both attract and repulse her? And what is up with those V-shaped scars on his chiseled back?

As their connection grows stronger, Nora's own life becomes increasingly fragile. Nora needs to decide: Is Patch the one who wants to do her harm or the one who will keep her safe? Has she fallen for one of the fallen?



My Thoughts



I have mixed feelings about this book. It started out really well and then I started getting this twilight vibe from it, in the sense that Patch was a supernatural being, overly attached to Nora, and Nora seemed to be helpless and fragil. But, has I continued reading I realized that this book was actually fun.

I still don't like Nora and Patch's relationship in any way, he seems to be a little too obsessed with her and I don't really understand why in the world he fell in love with her since they did not spend that much time together to begin with. But oh well, I guess this is to show that you can't always explain how love happens. Other than this, I enjoyed the suspense in the book and how Nora didn't realize what was happening, and I must say this was my favorite part of the book. How these weird, unexplainable things kept happening to Nora for no apparent reason.

By the end of the book Nora came out as a brave girl who put others' (Patch) needs in front of her own.

I decided to read this book because I love everything that has to do with angels/demons and heaven/hell but I must say I was bit disappointed. Probably because I expected this book to have  a heavy mythology attached to the story but this was more a romance, mixed with a sequence of weird happenings that happened to have a fallen angel involved.

I have the next two books of this series so I will read them and hopefully these are more exciting. We shall see.

There's still something about this book that I dislike but I can't put my finger on it. I should mention though that the cover is mindblowing! Completely gorgeous.

No comments