Book Blogger: Love-a-Thon - Interview




1. How did you come up with your blog name?

Well, I have a weird obsession with everything ‘Alice in Wonderland’, and I figured as her adventures were in Wonderland mine would be in Bookland. So I went from there and got to Lii’s Adventures in Bookland.

2. What genre/subject matter do you read and review most on your blog?

I tend to read/review more of Young Adult books, especially if they are fairytale related. But I often go into other themes. It all depends on my mood. I do have a soft spot for everything supernatural and apocalyptic.

3. Name the 3 books you're excited for in 2014!

I’m excited about ‘Hollow City’ by Ransom Riggs, ‘The Infinite Sea’ by Rick Yancey and ‘Insanity 2’ by Cameron Jace. I cannot express how much I need these books right now in my hands. (I know Hollow City is out already but I haven’t had the chance to buy it yet).

4. Where in the world are you blogging from?

I’m from Lisbon, Portugal.

5. Tell us -- how did you get into blogging in the first place?

Honestly, I have no idea. I just know that I joined Goodreads thanks to a friend, and from there I went to writing my thoughts on the books I read and next thing I know I have a blog. A small one, but still it’s my blog and I love it.

6. Apart from reading, what other hobbies/interests do you have?

I used to watch way to many tv shows, seriously, there was one point in my life on which I was keeping track of 12 different tv shows… I know, it’s mind blowing! I have taken a break from TV Shows but I will go back to them eventually. I do enjoy music, but my main hobby is reading.

7. If you were stuck on a deserted island, which books would you bring with you?

I think I would take with me ‘The Book of Lost Things’ by John Connolly, ‘Insanity’ by Cameron Jace, ‘Will Grayson, Will Grayson’ by John Green and David Levithan and ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ by John Green. Maybe more but these ones would be my main priority.

8. If you were stuck in some dangerous situation (like a fire, a sinking ship, a warzone), which book boy or girl would you want to come and save you?

I think I would have to go with… Most likely it would be Lily Bard from ‘The Lily Bard Mysteries’ by Charlaine Harris. That woman was so badass, you have no idea. If it were to be a boy I would very much love it to be Michael (the archangel) from ‘Ignite’ by Erica Crouch. She made him so astonishing… I am sure he would save me in no time.

9. You’re attending a party with your friends. Suddenly, the DJ changes the song and it’s YOUR song – what song would that be?

This is a very hard one because I don’t have just one song that I like and I tend to listen to music according to my mood. So let’s go with something from the 90’s, like ‘Backstreet’s Back’ or ‘Pop’ (N’Sync) ahah

10. What 3 movies would you love to have your favorite author write into books, or vice versa?

Hum, I am very sensitive when it comes to passing books to movies, but I would love to see a movie of ‘The Book of Lost Things’ but at the same time I am frightened it would suck. And I really don’t have any movies I would like to see into books.

2 comments

  1. I used to have a couple shows on almost every week day that I watched, religiously. It was insane!

    Fortunately, I've managed to calm myself down as I've gotten older. Except now, I just binge watch series. I'm not sure what's worse! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name, because I'm a huge fairy tale fan :D I follow even more TV shows, haha. I like to keep track via a special website (trakt.tv) and that seems to work fine. I'm just too addicted to them.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete