Review - Zomburbia


*Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by the publisher in exchange for a honest review*



Title: Zomburbia
Author: Adam Gallardo
Publisher: Kensington Publishing Corporation
Release Date: August 26th 2014

My Rating:



"Welcome To Zomburbia."

My name is Courtney Hart, and I'm here to tell you about things that suck. Being born in a podunk town like Salem, Oregon, for one. Living in a world infested with zombies? That, too. And the meat heads I go to school with? I think I'd actually take the undead over them most days. But I have a plan to get out of here and move to New York. I just have to keep selling Vitamin Z along with your fries at The Bully Burger. The secret ingredient? Zombie brains.

I've noticed things are getting even worse lately, if that's even possible. The zombies seem to be getting smarter and faster. If I can avoid being arrested, eaten by shufflers, or catching the eye of some stupid boy, I should be able to make it through finals week still breathing. . .




My Thoughts




'Zomburbia' presents us with a new perspective on zombies. Not only because it suggests that they are not as 'dead' as they seem - they seem to have the capacity to make up plans in order to catch a prey -, the population learnt how to live with this infestation and there's also the use of their brains to develop a new drug - Vitamin Z.

I did enjoy this book very much since I am kind of obsessed with zombies, and "Zomburbia" seemed very coese.

This being said I must admit that this book, at times, seemed to drag along, maybe to not give the feeling that every event was rushed.

When it comes to the characters, I did like the main character, Courtney. She seemed driven and able to deal with whatever difficulties she was presented with. Her best friend Sherri, on the other hand, was not a favorite of mine. She was annoying and mean most of the time (in my perspective). Willie - the other best friend - was incredibly sweet but it lacked the ability to fend for himself and unfortunately their friends didn't seem to help him on that aspect.

Some questions were not answered in this book and I would very much love if they were, but thank God there will be a sequel ("Zombified") to be released eventually and hopefully it will feed my needs.

All in all I did like "Zomburbia" a lot, it was an easy read and it kept me interested for pretty much its entirety. I would recommend this book to everyone who has a soft spot for zombie books.

No comments