Review - This is Not a Test



Title: This is Not a Test
Author: Courtney Summers
Publisher:  St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: June 19th 2012

My Rating:



It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up.

As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, the motivations for survival change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life—and death—inside. When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?




My Thoughts





It's no secret that I love zombie and apocalyptic kind of books. Why? I can't exactly tell, but I do absolutly love them.

This being said, 'This Is Not A Test' is way more than a zombie \post apocalypse book. This book is about survival, heartbreak, feelings and is so much more than what I was expecting...

Who could think of a post apocalypse situation on which someone would not think of 'How am I going to survive' but 'How can I justify dying, without hurting anyone in the process'? Courtney Summers does. And she does it beautifully.

I spent the entirety of this book with my heart caught on my throat because I was experiencing everything this teenagers were at full speed. Panic, fear, lost, doubt... You name it and I felt it.

I really loved this book, it was something unforgettable, an unique experience.

I don't know what exactly is happening with my choice of books lately but they have been leaving thirsty for more, since the endings, like in this book, are so vague that really anything could have happened after the author stopped writing. And this isn't always a bad thing.

I would recommend this book to anyone who would like to be inserted into a situation on which you will get to feel everything like you were every single character in this book.

No comments