Review - Amulet: The Stonekeeper



Title: Amulet: The Stonekeeper
Author: Kazu Kibuishi
Series: Amulet
Book#: 1
Publisher: Scholastic
Publishing Date: December 17th 2013(this edition)

My Rating: 



After the tragic death of their father, Emily and Navin move with their mother to the home of her deceased great-grandfather, but the strange house proves to be dangerous. Before long, a sinister creature lures the kids' mom through a door in the basement.

Em and Navin, desperate not to lose her, follow her into an underground world inhabited by demons, robots, and talking animals. Eventually, they enlist the help of a small mechanical rabbit named Miskit. Together with Miskit, they face the most terrifying monster of all, and Em finally has the chance to save someone she loves.



My Thoughts





I got into this graphic novel knowing nothing about it. I had only heard of the hype around it, and I must say the hype is quite accurate.
In the beginning Amulet reminded me of the spiderwick chronicles but then it took a turn for the good - don't get this wrong I'm just saying it had nothing to do with the spiderwick chronicles.
The prologue of this graphic novel freaking broke my heart and it !axe immediately love Em and her loyalty to her family. She is a very strong kid.

Once we get to meet her brother and a bit more of her mother, I could feel myself getting attached to them and their love for eachother. They are going through some hard times but they do stick together and try to make the best of it.

Once Em finds the Amulet I knew shit was about to go down and I was disappointed! I absolutely loved the plot for this graphic novel, and the artwork is so good. I really really liked the artwork in Amulet.

What I 'hated' in this book was the ending... I hate cliffhangers and this was a major one but I guess it will only force me to read the next one which is a very good thing.

All in all I really enjoyed Amulet and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys graphic novels and adventures.

P.s.: Isn't Miskit adorable?

No comments