Top Ten Tuesday






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they come up with a theme and you have to answer it with your top ten accordingly. You can find out more about it by visiting the creator's blog by clicking here or it's name in the begining of the paragraph.

So this week prompt is (and I go at it in reverse order of reading):


10 Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads



1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling - This year I told myself that I would finally get on with it and read finish the Harry Potter series. Well, I finally did it and you can tell by the rating that I do no regret a thing. I really didn't want it to end though.

2. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling - This one was incredibly satisfying aswell. Harry seemed way grown-up and that freaking ending... I had no idea that J.K. Rowling had become best friends with George R.R. Martin, if you know what I mean.

3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K.Rowling - I was terrified of reading this because of its size, but once I got into it... I didn't want to put it down. It went by in a week or so. Amazing book, once again, and incredibly frustrating at times (I became angsty Harry).

4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - Not much of a surprise here right? Actually it was to me, because up until this book I didn't have much of a deep love for this series. This book got it all started for me. And once again... that ending though.




5. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - What a freaking ride this book was! Written in an unnusual way, Illuminae is set to get you hooked from its first page. I couldn't put it down, it took me like 24h to get through it and I still want more. The characters were relatable and the plot was just addictive. Totally worth the 5 star rating.

6. Nimona by Noelle Stevenson - I love love love this graphic novel. From the amazing art work to the main character Nimona, this book was a complete blast. It will get you laughing and also shed a few tears when it's over.

7. Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley -  I wasn't expecting to like this graphic novel so much. I honestly just thought it would be a funny thing to read and had no idea how attached I would get to the main character Katie. I laughed and feared for her. Read it all in one sitting.





8. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - Well up until I read this book I always said that I wasn't a high fantasy kind of girl. I refused to pick up books like this because I felt I would get bored and also because they intimidated me due to their size. Well my boyfriend kept nagging me about it, saying it was the best show ever and that at least I needed to read the book. So I bought it, read the prologue and was freaking addicted to it. I must confess I haven't continued with this series yet because they are very time consuming but I can guarantee that I will finish this... eventually.

9. Please Remain Calm by Courtney Summers - Ever since I read "This is Not a Test" I felt I needed some kind of closure because let's face it, that ending was bullsh*t. It should be illegal to end a book with... well, no ending. This novella, DID NOT, make it any better though. Once again it gave me a cliffhanger so big that I cannot even think about this series without getting mad. But it was very good and that's why I'm mad.

10. The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman - I'm quite ashamed to say that this was my very first book by this author, but, it was a very good start. This book is so empowering for women and I still had fun and didn't feel like it was forced at all. Well worth the read.




So this was my Top Ten Tuesday for this week. Don't forget to share your thoughts and visit this meme's author's blog.

No comments