Top 5 Wednesday #4





Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Lainey over at GingerReadsLainey on Youtube. This meme has you pick up your top 5 for a certain theme.

This week's top 5 is:

Books you're intimidated by


Usually I get intimidated by really huge books, high fantasy, hyped books, books that are in a long series and contemporary. Yes contemporary intimidates me a bit because it's not something I am used to and I tend to not connect or get tired of the relationships in the books.

This being said, here are some books that are currently intimidating me. These are in no particular order.





- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin: I started this book almost a year ago, read half of it and got incredibly bored of it. Don't get me wrong it is not a bad book, I just wasn't in the mood for it so I put it down. The thing is I really wanna read it, it's just that it's really big, I don't really care for some new character's that were introduced and I want more white walkers in it. But I will read it this year.

- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson: Well this book has the perfect mix of everything that intimidates me in a book: it's high fantasy, it's huge and it's very very hyped. I am seriously struggling with this one because of this.

- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: I have had this book for almost 2 years and I cannot get around to read it. Why? Because it is incredibly hyped, it is historical fiction which I'm not really into and it's quite a chunky book. Though, I am pretty sure I will read it this year.

- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: The hype is real. That's all I have to say about this book. (Seriously the hype is absurd and it's putting me off. Also don't forget the fact that this series seems to aspire to the mortal instruments series with it's length).

- Eragon by Christopher Paolini: This book is huge and it's also high fantasy which scares me... a lot. What if I don't like it? Because I already bought the entire series...


Hopefully I will get to these books sometime this year but I'm not holding my breath about it...

So tell me, what are the books that intimidate you?

6 comments

  1. Great post! I did one as well: http://beautifulspines.blogspot.ca/2016/04/top-5-wednesday-books-youre-intimidated.html and we have one of the same ones on our lists! I love throne of glass, though I know me saying that is just adding to the hype haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahah It's ok to add to the hype! I am sure I will read it I just need to find that little thing that makes me want to read hyped books when they are hyped xD I tend to read them when the hype dies down.

      Delete
  2. Ha! I'm in the same boat with A Clash of Kings. I read a few hundred pages, got bored and put it down. I have the entire series but man, it's my Mt. Everest of the book world. I want to try out Mistborn but I'm not ready for that commitment quite yet. However, I have read the Eragon series - which from what I remember, I adored it. Read the first three of TOG but got bored (whoops). The ASOIAF series definitely intimidates me unfortunately c':

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the first three books of the ASOIAF and that is the only thing that is motivating me to continue with it someday... well that and white walkers xD

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy somebody else chose Eragon as well! I felt like I was the only one who was intimidated by it. I've had it on my shelf for at least 3 years and always sigh when I see it sitting there. I don't like those new characters that are introduced in A Clash of Kings as well... Theon and Drago? Are those their names? Anyways I wanted more Dany and less of them. But the book gets SO GOOD towards the end. And there is even more Tyrion in this one which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I will continue on with a clash of kings xD you have convinced me! I could read the entire book if it only had daenerys, tyrion and john snow to be honest... and white walkers xD

      I have my Eragon series for like 2 years... :(

      Delete