Review: Narwhal, Unicorn of the Sea



*I was sent this book by the publisher in exchange for a honest review*

Source: Goodreads


Title: Narwhal, Unicorn of the Sea!
Author: Ben Clanton
Publisher: Tundra Books
Release Date: October 4th 2016

Rating:


Narwhal is a happy-go-lucky narwhal. Jelly is a no-nonsense jellyfish. The two might not have a lot in common, but they do they love waffles, parties and adventures. Join Narwhal and Jelly as they discover the whole wide ocean together. A wonderfully silly early graphic novel series featuring three stories. In the first, Jelly learns that Narwhal is a really good friend.

Then Narwhal and Jelly form their own pod of awesomeness with their ocean friends. And finally, Narwhal and Jelly read the best book ever -- even though it doesn't have any words...or pictures!

Ben Clanton showcases the joys of friendship, the benefits of working together and the power of imagination in the delightful Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea.



My Thoughts


First of all this book is aimed at kids and I am absolutely sure they will love it, even before they can read it themselves.

Narwhal is a very naive, full of imagination and innocence and I loved him for it. Jellyfish was equally as awesome.

The artwork is so cute and adorable and I wouldn't mind having the cover printed and framed on my wall.

You must be wondering why the 3.5 star rating... Well, the storyline was lacking something. It was incredibly short and I am sure that due to the likeness of the characters, kids and everyone who reads it will be wanting more.

All in all it was a wonderful book and I will for sure read it to my kids. I just wished it was longer and the plot was a little more structured.

No comments