Review: The Girl in 6E


Source: Goodreads

Title: The Girl in 6E
Author: A.R. Torre
Series: Deanna Madden #1
Publisher: Redhook

My Rating:



I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get satisfaction, I get a distraction. Their secret desires are nothing compared to why I hide... my lust for blood, my love of death.
Taking their money is easy. Keeping all these secrets... one is bound to escape.

What if you hid yourself away because all you could think of was killing? And what if one girl's life depending on you venturing into society?



My Thoughts

I really enjoyed this book, it was a very good surprise for me.

I went into this book only knowing that it was about a girl who hasn't left her house in years and did camming for money, and it was the best thing I did. I honestly enjoy going into books semi-blind and it really worked for me this time.

I was a bit surprised by the erotic writing in this, I wasn't expecting it to be as sexual as it was, mostly because I thought that somehow this fitted into the YA world for some strange reason. Oh well, it didn't ruin anything for me, I just wasn't prepared for all the sexy times in this book.

Deanna, despite all her crazyness was quite an enjoyable character. She did get on my nerves sometimes because she couldn't contain her urges to try to kill people but other than that she was actually quite a humane character. She faced her fears in order to save this little girl from this pervert and I was supporting her all the way through. I didn't even care about is she would kill someone in the process (as long as it was someone with a questionable character of course).

I did have one issue which prevented me from rating this book higher though. The romance... Deanna and Jeremy's romance was unhealthy to say the least and so unlikely and weird that it did bother me a little. I mean, I know the girl hasn't been touched in years and is still a virgin, but do you really have to fall for the first man who:

  1. Breaks into your house
  2. Holds you down while you are naked and immediately gets a boner
  3. Doesn't leave immediately?
I don't know, I do like Jeremy but that romance was nowhere near acceptable. I can now get my head around it only because it's fiction but come on.

I recommend this book for fans of thrillers and erotica but don't go into it expecting it to be too much of each because it's not. It barely brushes on those genres in my oppinion.

No comments