Review: Plutona


Source: Goodreads

Title: Plutona (Issues 1-5)
Author: Jeff Lemire, Emi Lenox and Jordie Bellaire
Publisher: Image Comics

My Rating:



PLUTONA follows the story of five suburban kids who make a shocking discovery while exploring the woods one day after school...the body of Plutona, the world's greatest superhero. A dark and heartbreaking journey about friendship and coming of age all through the lens of the superhero genre.




So... I don't even know what I should say about this. "Plutona" has a great premise and I was loving it until the very end where everything just went wrong.

The frienships seemed unlikely but at the same time they felt real and most of the kids were likeable.
This being said, WTF was that ending? Seriously, all of a sudden everything took a turn for the worse.

*This may containt Spoilers*

The Superhero, Plutona, which was really likeable through the flashbacks, was basically an arse or simply didn't give two f***s about anything. And the kids have no concept of 911, telling the truth or asking for help. Yes, they were scared but for f**k sake they are old enough to know when things get that serious they can't simply walk away from it and pretend it never happen. And yes, I know this happens in real life more than we like to admit, but still...

To top this off, there is no freaking closure or a proper ending (in my opinion) to this graphic novel. Am I supposed to believe there are no consequences to their actions? I can't be left to imagine what the hell happened to them! I NEED ANSWERS! I NEED CLOSURE!

The art was on point though! I really loved the artwork on this but I just can't bring myself to rate it any higher than a 3 star because that ending was no OK.

No comments