Top 10 Stand Alones I Wanna Read in 2017




So, 2017 better be a good reading year. Not that this year wasn't good, I mean I reached my goal of 50 books, but I still think that I should have read more.

To be honest I haven't really looked at the books that are going to get published next year, and I am sure that I'm going to want to read a bunch of them, but I still have some stand alones that were released this year or before, that I want to read. So here they are:

Source: Goodreads


And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich
       I heard about this book randomly on the internet and I immediately fell in love with this cover of it. Read the synopsis and it sounds like the perfect creepy book to read on a rainy day.
Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
       I'm a sucker for a good cover. I saw this and fell for it, but the synopsis sounds really great, it's so misterious.
The Body Electric by Beth Revis
      This book deals with dream walking and it's such a cool concept and I haven't read that many books about it so I'm excited to see how it goes.
Blood Red Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick
       Honestly I just want to read this because it sounds like a retelling and the cover is cool. It may not be a retelling though, I don't even care ahah
Dark Energy by Robison Wells
       I LOVE ALIENS and also apocalyptic books so when I saw this one I squealed a bit and got it immediately.
Source: Goodreads

The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
       Around Halloween of this year I saw this book pop up everywhere. I didn't get a chance to read it but I really wanna give it a go next year.
The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
       Can we spell HYPE? This book has been on everybody's wishlist and tbr's since it came out and everybody raves about it. I just want to read it to see if the hype is real.
Kids of Appetite by David Arnold
       I have heard this one is a contemporary but it has murder and an investigation, and that's what draw me in. Plus David Arnold was really praised for his another book "Mosquitoland" so this one should be good, right?
The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson
       Readind "The Girl on the Train" revived my love for thrillers and this one has been praised a lot this year, so it got me interested.
My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier
       Another thriller/horror(ish) book that everyone's been raving about this year. 10 year old girl who's a psycopath/sociopath? I'm in.


So tell me, is there any stand alones that you want to read next year?

Also, Merry Christmas!

4 comments

  1. And the Trees crept in and The Diabolic are on top of my TBR too! Honestly The Diabolic has been hyped so much so I have HIGH expectations for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hype is real right? Can't wait for your review of it, when you get around to reading it!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read The Diabolic and My Sister Rosa as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to compare reviews when we both read them!

      Delete