Flash Review: The Princess Saves Herself In This One


Source: Goodreads

Title: The Princess Saves Herself In This One
Author: Amanda Lovelace
Publisher: CreateSpace

My Rating:




"Ah, life- the thing that happens to us while we're off somewhere else blowing on dandelions & wishing ourselves into the pages of our favorite fairy tales."

A poetry collection divided into four different parts: the princess, the damsel, the queen, & you. the princess, the damsel, & the queen piece together the life of the author in three stages, while you serves as a note to the reader & all of humankind.

Explores life & all of its love, loss, grief, healing, empowerment, & inspirations.




Oh Amanda, you broke so many times while I was reading this but thankfuly you have stitched me back together. You still left some cracks though...

This book was amazing. I don't usually read poetry but this book was so talked about that I had to get my hands on it. It did not disappoint.

Amanda Lovelace has such a fantastic way to write that through her poetry you feel like you have experienced every emotion she had while she was writing it.

She throws little snipets that she was a bookworn and I loved that because I could identify with some of the things she wrote about loving books.

After I finished reading this poetry collection I just wanted to hug Amanda so hard... Have you ever had that feeling?

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys poetry or simply wants to try it.

2 comments

  1. Oh, this looks like a book I'd LOVE! I adore poetry, and I love those themes as well :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try, I think you'll like it :)

      Delete