Review: Cat Among Pigeons



Source: Goodreads

Title: Cat Among Pigeons
Series: Hercule Poirot
Book #: 32
Author: Agatha Christie
Publisher: Berkley

My Rating:



Late one night, two teachers investigate a mysterious flashing light in the sports pavilion, while the rest of the school sleeps. There, among the lacrosse sticks, they stumble upon the body of the unpopular games mistress - shot through the heart from point blank range.

The school is thrown into chaos when the 'cat' strikes again. Unfortunately, schoolgirl Julia Upjohn knows too much. In particular, she knows that without Hercule Poirot's help, she will be the next victim!



This book was a bit difficult for me since I was used to read Agatha Christie in my own language. In english I noticed that the language was a bit old fashioned which drove me crazy on the first couple of chapters. After a while I found myself not really reaching for this book because Hercule Poirot was not in it until the last 100 pages (if that!).

The plot itself was not really all that interesting, unfortunately. We kept following a variety of characters, but most of them were not even interesting to begin with.

I was quite disappointed with this book to be honest. But hopefully the rest of the books will be better.

No comments