Flash Review: iZombie


Source: Goodreads


Title: iZombie Vol. 1
Author:  Chris Roberson
Series: iZombie
Publisher: Vertigo

My Rating:




Told from a female zombie’s perspective, this smart, witty detective series mixes urban fantasy and romantic dramedy.

Gwendolyn “Gwen” Dylan is a 20-something gravedigger in an eco-friendly cemetery. Once a month she must eat a human brain to keep from losing her memories, but in the process she becomes consumed with the thoughts and personality of the dead person – until she eats her next brain. She sets out to fulfill the dead person’s last request, solve a crime or right a wrong.

Our zombie girl detective is joined by a radical supporting cast: her best friend Eleanor, who happens to be a swinging ’60s ghost, a posse of paintball blasting vampires, a smitten were-dog and a hot but demented mummy.



I haven't watched the Tv Show but when I heard of it I thought it was a cool concept. Unfortunately I didn't really enjoy the comic all that much.

The plot was ok but I still have a feeling that nothing happened in this volume. Yes, I do understand that this was like and introduction to the characters and the setting but still, I needed more of a story line... I'm probably not explaining myself all that well...

The artwork was also not my type, and it if was a bit more like the cover I would have enjoyed it.

I did like the main character though, and her ghost friend. I will probably go back to read the second volume and check if it gets any better.

Have you read it? Did you like it?

4 comments

  1. Aww. It's sad that you didn't like the comic. I hope you'll get to enjoy the series. 😊

    Have a great day!

    Arra
    Style Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still haven't watched the series, I have no time whatsoever but maybe one day? eheh

      Delete
  2. I've only watched very little of the series but I already see some differences. The book sounds better but honestly I couldn't get into the show so I doubt I would be able to get into the book just like you didn't. Zombies aren't my thing anyways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind zombies but this wasn't really my cup of tea. There's other comics which are better, but again it depends on preference really.

      Delete