Flash Review: Library of Souls



Title: Library of Souls
Author: Ransom Riggs
Series: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Book #: 3
Publisher: Quirk Books

My Rating:




The adventures that began with Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and continued with Hollow City comes to a thrilling conclusion with Library of Souls.

As the story opens, sixteen-year-old Jacob discovers a powerful new ability, and soon he’s diving through history to rescue his peculiar companions from a heavily guarded fortress. Accompanying Jacob on his journey are Emma Bloom, a girl with fire at her fingertips, and Addison MacHenry, a dog with a nose for sniffing out lost children.

They’ll travel from modern-day London to the labyrinthine alleys of Devil’s Acre, the most wretched slum in all of Victorian England. It’s a place where the fate of peculiar children everywhere will be decided once and for all.

Like its predecessors, Library of Souls blends thrilling fantasy with never-before-published vintage photography.



I absolutely loved this book! All the problems I had with the previous book in this series were corrected in this one. There was no dragging and the wits of Jacob were back.

I must admit though, that finishing this was a little bit bittersweet... I desperately want to get back in that world with those characters I grew so fond of.

Library of Souls was a mix of suspense and excitement. I don't even have the words to describe how this book made me feel... You would think that a book that I rated 5 stars would have me rambling for about 100.000 words but I am really speechless...

I want to say that I need more from this world but to be honest there was no loose ends so I don't know what I would want from this. I guess I'm going to have to find out once Ransom Riggs finishes with his new trilogy (he anounced that he's going to add three more books to this world, with Jacob's adventures).

On another note, I hated Tim Burton's interpretation of these books. I love Tim Burton but I have never been so annoyed with an adaptation as I have been with this (not even the 5th wave annoyed me this much and I hated that movie). I'm just going to pretend that I never saw this adaptation.

Go read it now!

No comments